This manager is accountable for completing projects that bring new bone healing solutions to the market.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Help determine the product innovation and investment strategy to grow the use of and add to the existing product line for the business.
- Help to ensuring that the business maintains the right cadence of innovation and launches to maintain and enhance the impressive growth trajectory of the company.
- Develop a deep understanding of surgeon and patient needs, market trends, technology trends.
- Identification and assessment of significant growth opportunities.
- Identify and execute market research activities to drive business platform/portfolio decisions.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative market data to identify trends in the market and thereby, translate these trends into business opportunities and actions.
- Pursue incremental growth opportunities (new markets, new channels, regional opportunities, product uses, new products, etc.) outside and within the existing portfolio.
- Complete business plans and business analysis of innovation project.
- Complete financial modeling in support of business plan proposal.
- Work directly with physicians to engage in innovation discussions that lead to IP.
- Execute complex medical device innovation projects.
- Leads cross-functional teams in innovation projects to ensure resource allocations and focus consistent with the needs of the business.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the U.S. and International teams to ensure a coordinated global focus on innovation.
- Work closely with innovation program leadership to define and prioritize product features, attributes, prototypes, demos, iterations, and release plan.
- Develop budgetary objectives and adjust product constraints based on financial analysis.
- Execute advisory boards and other physician engagement activities.
- Attend society and medical congress trade events and engage with physicians and other industry people.
- Travel as needed.
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments
Education or Formal Training Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Program Management or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent, including product, market, or program management experience.
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate vision and win others over to a unified strategy.
- A substantive knowledge of the medical device industry, health care delivery, and managed care/reimbursement markets and the factors that drive them.
- Neurology or Orthopedic experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience at a leadership level.
- A thorough understanding of marketing, strategy and M&A processes.
- Strong device business acumen, strategic thinking, commercial focus and customer skills.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to foster collaboration, influence others outside of reporting structure and work collaboratively across a matrix structure.
- Analytical skills enabling financial modeling, business analysis and progress tracking and visibility.
- Ability to work with US and International internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to predict, prevent/identify and address obstacles impeding progress.
- Seasoned judgment acquired through organizational experience and a demonstrated record of achievements in successfully building a business.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; the ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, Microsoft Office. Must be adept at handling multiple assignments and accomplish these projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Works closely with Product Marketing, Program Management, Clinical, Regulatory, US and International Marketing.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Ability to travel approximately 50%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and speaking clearly and concisely.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting and to occasionally stand, walk, carry items, climb, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
Travel Requirement: Approx. 50%, including international.
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.
Salary Range: $140-160k
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.