The Financial Analyst is a key team member supporting business critical projects and will have influence on the organization’s success. They are expected to meet and work with individuals across the organization in a variety of functions.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Consolidating, analyzing and making recommendations on financial and operational data, (e.g. sales and expense reporting), which includes variance and trend analysis
- Assisting with the long-term strategic plan, periodic and forecast process, including monthly KPI reporting
- Creating sales analytic models for decision support
- Monitoring and analyzing competitive activity, customers, and market trends
- Support internal executives and global sales team with details visibility into all aspects of business performance
- Performing ad hoc reporting as requested to support sales and marketing teams
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments.
Education or Formal Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (required)
- MBA with a focus in sales, finance, or marketing (preferred)
- Familiarity with data query / relational databases extremely helpful (SAP, Power BI, SQL, Business Objects) (preferred)
- Four or more years of relevant work experience ideally in the Life Sciences field
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Ability to analyze, summarize and interpret data
- Ability to develop and / or enhance revenue and sales models for strategic decision making
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge base of relational databases and data visualization
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging, fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and across functional lines
- Project management skills
- Highly motivated with an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and speaking clearly and concisely.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting and to occasionally stand, walk, carry items, climb, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
Extent of Supervision:
- Minimal supervision and guidance.
- Self-reliant; takes initiative; results-oriented, open minded.
- A wide degree of latitude is expected.
- Combines analytical approach with experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Travel requirement: Minimal
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.
Salary Range: 80-87K/year
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.