This leader is accountable for bringing new bone healing solutions to the market.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Understand and prioritize unmet customer needs.
- Invest in and cultivate a pipeline of potential solutions with collaboration with physicians, researchers, external partners, and internal experts.
- Develop and test solutions against clinical, product and market benchmarks.
- Drive solutions to commercialization through financial, development, clinical and regulatory phase gates.
- Definition of disruptive innovations in musculoskeletal categories.
- Cultivation of extraordinary KOL relationships.
- Execution of cross functional programs, operating both aggressively and collaboratively
- Collaborates extensively with physicians and other stakeholders.
- Develops deep domain knowledge of conditions, clinical outcomes, technologies, and economics.
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and drives communication.
- Manages projects and budgets.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Accountable for overall program execution.
- Collaborates with functional core/extended team members.
- Maintains effective communication with team members and regional/functional leadership in all activities.
- Monitors progress toward pre-established objectives, assesses risk and implements strategies to ensure successful delivery of the efforts that align with business and region goals.
- Cuts through complexity.
- Delivers results with uncompromising quality, integrity, and ethics.
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments.
Education or Formal Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and masters’ degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with 7+ years of managerial experience.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and speaking clearly and concisely.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting and to occasionally stand, walk, carry items, climb, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.