Candidate is responsible contributing to all activities of the Company’s distributor commission process, including, the accurate and timely calculation of monthly commission amounts due, reconciling the data to the Company’s general ledger, facilitating payments to distributors, and finally, responding to distributor questions. This role will be liaising with many different departments of the Company, including customer service, sales, and strategic accounts. Additionally, the role may be requested to perform general accounting and financial reporting functions of the company including the financial close process, A/R, A/P, general ledger, tax, cash management and risk management.
The candidate is also responsible for contributing towards a SOX compliant system of internal controls and processes that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared on a timely basis in compliance with US GAAP.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Calculate monthly commissions due to distributors and facilitate reporting and payments thereof
- Ensure data used as basis for commissions reconciles to the Company’s general ledger
- Provide timely responses to distributor questions
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of a documented system of procedures related to the Company’s commission process
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of a SOX compliant system of internal controls over accounting transactions; coordinate annual testing and review of effectiveness of internal controls.
- Assist Finance Director in preparation of budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Participate in monthly close process by performing journal entries as requested by Assistant Controller / Controller
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Support Finance Director and Controller on an ad hoc basis in the preparation of financial analyses related to key programs and other operational matters. Assist with the planning and forecasting processes as required.
Education or Formal Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Range of 4-7 years (Minimum of 4 years) accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role including experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a publicly traded company.
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to reconcile key accounts balances
- Ability to perform variance analysis of key accounts and document accordingly
- Ability to prepare journal entries, and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- Assist with the year-end audit, including i) responding to audit inquiries, ii) providing audit documentation, iii) preparing key analysis to support Company’s position
- Experience in leadership, including mentoring and team building.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of SAP preferable.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Ability to analyze and resolve work problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters of financial data.
- Must be able to make objective decisions and use judgment in non-routine situations.
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including customer service, logistics, and FP&A
- Experience working in a medical device/life sciences environment helpful but not required.
- Two recent references required.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
Able to do extensive computer work and sit for long periods of time while continually maintaining a cheerful phone presence.
- Minimal supervision and guidance.
- Self-reliant; takes initiative; results-oriented, open minded
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.
Salary Range: 80-95k
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.