As Cerapedics grows there is a need for a Network Architect to help build scalable, resilient, and holistic solutions. Cerapedics maintains two primary sites (Colorado and New Jersey), a storage location, and has many work-from-home users. They will expand to a third primary location in the near future. Cerapedics uses a variety of hardware solutions by Dell (switches and routers), Palo Alto (routers), Ruckus (wireless), and Microsoft (servers and Azure networking).
This position will be primarily responsible for communication networks (LAN/WAN/VPN), network security, SaaS integrations, Single Sign On, integrations into SaaS solutions, and related functions. ISO 1-4 will be the primary responsibility for this position but there should be an understanding of how the network impacts servers, backup solutions, endpoints, etc. Improving the network documentation, following the change management process, and routine network updating will also fall under this role.
Cerapedics has a small IT department consisting of both internal and external team members. The Network Architect will also assist with occasional and light general IT support in order to provide coverage for the rest of the team. We need someone who can work with others, is transparent, accountable, helps grow the team, and grows with the team. An understanding of project planning (ITIL, agile, Kanban, etc.) will be helpful for this role in order to assure solutions are successful, on-time, and on-budget.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical network solutions (including Highly Available networks)
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
- Upgrade network hardware and software components
- Design, test, and inspect network systems
- Perform network planning, modeling, and analysis
- Install and maintain hardware such as cables, switches, routers, and wireless adaptors
- Design, implement, and manage security countermeasures when network vulnerabilities arise
- Network segregation and segmentation
- IPS/IDS, network firewalls, network AV, Geofilters, content filters, and other network security
- Logging and reporting
- Develop and deliver professional proposals and design documentation
- Manage technology vendors
- External/internal DNS
- DHCP via MS Server and firewall
- Single Sign On via IdP (Cerapedics uses Azure IdP but ADFS is similar enough)
- SaaS integrations
- Design Documentation, Disaster Response Planning for Network Failures
- Light help desk support (as needed) and network escalations
- Cross training for talent improvement as well as ongoing education/certification/training
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments.
Education or Formal Training Required:
- Network certification (CCNP, CCNA, Network +, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience working with networking and information technologies
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of computer operations and systems (SSO, network segregation and segmentation, IPS/IDS, L3, packet sniffing, network security, access rules)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keen attention to detail
- Good organizational and time management skills, must be able to organize, coordinate and direct projects
- Able to travel from 10-20%.
- Displays organizational skills and attention to detail
- Cloud security, Azure security, Intune security
- Project management skills (ITIL, agile, Kanban, etc.)
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and speaking clearly and concisely.
- The position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting, computer work, and to occasional stand, walk, carry items, climb, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs.
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.
Salary Range: $125-150,000.00/year