Materials Manager, Operations Department - Westminster, CO, United States
The Materials Manger will be responsible for managing inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies for Operations, Quality Systems, and R&D. Additionally, the Materials Manager is tasked with researching best prices, monitoring inventory levels, distributing supplies, and negotiating contracts.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
Education or Formal Training Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, supply chain management, or relevant field - Preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- 3+ years of relevant purchasing experience in a regulated (cGMP or ISO) environment, preferably in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems.
- Understanding of inventory management in a regulated environment (cGMP, ISO, FDA)
- Advanced knowledge of forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Outstanding organization, communication and leadership skills
- Analytical mind with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Extent of Supervision:
- Minimal supervision and guidance. Self-reliant, takes initiative, and results oriented.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and reach project milestones.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and speaking clearly and concisely while maintain cheerful presence both in person and over the phone.
- Prolonged sitting, periods of standing and walking, carrying items, climbing, reaching, and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Operation of office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax machines, and copiers, grasping objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
Minimal travel required.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.