Performs critical maintenance functions for Cerapedics to help provide reliability in both the production equipment and facility in general. Will serve as the primary maintenance support for the Manufacturing team. The role requires a professional with strong interpersonal and leadership skills in order to autonomously interact with Manufacturing and effectively work with cross-functional teams.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean and well-organized work areas and tools.
- Perform reactive/preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment in a cGMP-controlled facility including but not limited to incinerators, kilns, pulverizes, electric steam boilers, sterilizers, lab equipment, air compressors, centrifugal pumps.
- Perform reactive/preventive general facility maintenance including, but not limited to building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing repairs.
- Light construction: Assembly of furniture/fixtures, finished surfaces repair, light structural repair.
- Safety program compliance and maintenance as it pertains to LOTO, HAZMAT, Arc Flash, etc.
- Informing Mfg dept. of anticipated downtime and updating affected staff of equipment status
- Sourcing parts and supplies to complete required tasks.
- Equipment part fabrication/modification.
- Preparing equipment for shipping or installation.
- Assisting with qualification and validation of new equipment.
- Interacting with contractors to ensure their work is performed safely, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Any other function that will ensure a safe, comfortable, efficient, and productive Mfg facility.
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments.
Education or Formal Training Required:
- 5+ years’ experience in at least one of the following: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Industrial controls, or equivalent.
- Natural mechanical aptitude.
- Experience working in a medical device/life sciences environment helpful.
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with each and all of the following:
- Electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance:
- Line voltage (480VAC and 208VAC 3 phase, as well as 120VAC single phase)
- Low voltage controls (24VDC, analog signals, etc.)
- o Communication systems (ethernet, serial communications, voice).
- Basic PLC troubleshooting with regards to both the PLC and its’ connected I/O (Allen Bradley, Automation Direct, Siemens).
- Motor controls (starters, soft Starters, variable frequency drives).
- Associated equipment control systems (switches, relays, transducers, transformers, etc.)
- Mechanical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance:
- HVAC systems
- Lab equipment (vacuum pumps, ovens, kilns, exhaust systems, blowers, etc.)
- Gas fired equipment (Incinerators, furnaces, etc.)
- • Fluid power/Plumbing installation, troubleshooting and maintenance:
- Pumps (centrifugal, pneumatic, multi-stage).
- Water systems (reverse osmosis, deionized Water, ultrapure water, etc.).
- Hydraulic systems (Less than 4000 psi).
- Steam and clean steam systems.
- Valve and flow controls (Check valves, solenoid valves, strainers, pressure/flow regulators).
- General shop / fabrication skills (basic to moderate skill level required):
- Repeated lifting of more than 75 pounds in physically constrained or awkward workspaces
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl under equipment, work in cramped or dark spaces for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in very hot or cold environments for extended periods of time
- General/Interpersonal Skills:
- Polite, helpful, friendly attitude, even in the face of highly stressful working conditions
- Ability to think independently when given incomplete or vague instructions.
- Willingness to take orders from multiple sources and deal with frequent and abrupt changes in daily work schedule.
- Ability to perform concise, legible manual data entry on frequently audited cGMP documentation. Superior technical writing skills are a non-negotiable requirement.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and speaking clearly and concisely.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting and to occasionally stand, walk, carry items, climb, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
- Minimal supervision and guidance.
- Self-reliant; takes initiative; results-oriented, open minded.
- Repeated lifting of more than 75 pounds in physically constrained or awkward workspaces.
- Ability to climb ladders, crawl under equipment, work in cramped or dark spaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in very hot or cold environments for extended periods of time.
Travel Requirement: < 5%
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.
Salary Range: $30-36/hour
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.