Product Specialist (Ontario, Canada)
Reporting to the Country Director the Canadian i-FACTOR Product Specialist will deliver on set sales targets by developing the defined province. This will be achieved by driving existing distributor and surgeon relationships delivering new sales agent training, developing hospital staff training and providing in theatre support.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage sales objectives for defined province, support existing distribution relationships to grow revenue and units in multiple surgical indications for spine and general orthopedics.
- Prospect for new business by identifying and qualifying sales leads generated from referrals, networking, marketing, and cold calling.
- Identify strategic growth opportunities, and maintain strong relationships with key surgeon users, distributor, and approved agents.
- Answer a wide range of questions concerning surgical applications, as well as clinical technique, related to biologics/bone grafting products.
- Assist with case coverage, in-servicing, and distribution.
- Perform troubleshooting procedures to identify and resolve problems quickly and with confidence.
- Define targets and make recommendations to Country Director.
- Participate in or lead sales training for new agent representatives.
Education or Formal Training Required:
- Degree: BS/BA in Science related major preferred. 4-year degree minimum or commensurate industry experience.
- 2+ years of sales management or business development experience in the medical device or medical field.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (both verbally and written) in individual and group situations.
- Leadership skills including mentoring and team building.
- Extensive amount of objective and subjective decision making, and use of judgment in non-routine situations
- Extensive amount of planning and prioritizing.
- Ability to analyze and resolve work problems.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Microsoft Teams
- Specialist in Quebec
Extent of Supervision:
Moderate to minimal supervision. A wide degree of latitude is expected. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the requirements of this job. Average travel requirement is approximately 50%, but could be approximately 70% at times
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.