Reports directly to the Warehouse and Distribution Manager, assisting with daily operations in all activities related to shipping, transfers, returns and receiving.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with customer service representatives, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet requirements.
- Maintains inventory of materials and supplies.
- Operates forklift or hand truck to accomplish shipping/receiving/warehouse storage duties.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins, including the Finished Product.
- Maintains cleanliness throughout the warehouse and other areas as needed.
- Organizes warehouse and work areas for orderliness.
- Assists in Manufacturing as needed and trained.
- Involved in various aspects of raw material and finished goods handling.
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments.
Education or Formal Training Required:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Forklift Certification (obtain within one year of hire)
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- 2 Years prior experience shipping and receiving in a warehouse/distribution environment preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Moderate Supervision
- Warehouse environment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.
Salary Range: $24-$26/per hour