The ideal candidate will have experience working in startups, wearing multiple hats and be comfortable with a fast-paced environment. A high degree of emotional intelligence and maturity is desired to establish excellent communication and relationships with all levels of business users, from hands users to C-Suite, to gain consensus on strategy and priorities. This position will need to be able to perform functions including tactical review and testing of applications through developing, gaining consensus, and communicating a strategic vision and plan.
The Director of Enterprise Applications will plan, coordinate, and direct all activities related to the implementation, development and management of applications that enhance business operations and processes. The Director of Enterprise Applications will work closely with stakeholders and decision-makers in all departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, deploy, and support cost-effective technology solutions in highly regulated (FDA, SOX etc.) environments. This individual’s principal goals involve both tactical management and leadership in definition and execution of an applications strategy, design, compliance, and wide use of the applications that support the company, enhance the effectiveness of the systems such as SAP ERP, CRM, application interfaces, and other applications as needed. The Director will also oversee organizational development for the applications area as the company grows.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
- Own, lead, and drive all key business applications such as ERP, CRM, Business Analytics, Data Warehouse, and application integration to various systems.
- Manage strategic relationships between internal IT resources, business units, end users, vendors, and partner organizations.
- Manage financial budgets, resources, and relationships with stakeholders, vendors, and business partners.
- Provide leadership and direction related to applications technology, vendors, business partners, policy, and standards.
- Develop and manage enterprise applications (SAP and CRM), operations and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, project management, support, as well as organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Lead and manage recruitment, talent development, retention, and organization of the applications staff in accordance with budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Plan, execute and maintain strategies for SOX and FDA compliance.
- Manage SAP S/4Hana system go-live, maintenance and support through an implementation partner.
- Assess state of SAP S/4 System and plan and manage execution appropriate fixes and enhancements needed for business functions.
Education or Formal Training Required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science with extensive experience in Finance, accounting, Sales Ops, and business operations, or related field from an accredited college or university or work equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a technology services field resulting in direct management of an applications department or multiple application projects.
- Minimum of 5-7 years managing SAP ERP and Enterprise Applications teams or projects.
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in ERP and CRM processes (primarily in SAP), application integrations, complex data structures and reporting systems.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to test SAP modules including FICO and SD. Some knowledge of MM/WM also preferred.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills combined with demonstrated team management capabilities.
- Knowledge of software implementation methodology, including SAP Activate, Scrum and Project Management processes and procedures.
- Successful track record demonstrating the ability to work in a small, fast paced environment with tight deadlines and rapid change.
- Strong discipline in financial management and budgets, highly effective critical decision-making skills both people and in the business, and a thought leader on change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate deadlines, updates, issues, and accomplishments, concisely, clearly and in ways that motivate others and build team spirit.
- Flexibility to work early and late hours as needed to address any off-hour’s issues.
- Prior experience working for a Medical Device/Biologics industry with good knowledge on FDA and SOX principles.
- Knowledge on other financial applications like GHX, bank interfaces, inventory and sales order tracking system for Medical Device, and automated sales order entry systems compatible with SAP.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested by the employee to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hybrid work from home- some in office work is required.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and speaking clearly and concisely.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting and to occasionally stand, walk, carry items, climb, reach, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
Travel requirement: Minimal
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to):
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off.
Salary Range: $160-175k/year
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.