Candidate is responsible contributing to all activities of the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions of the company including the financial close process, internal and external reporting, drafting consolidated financial statements and footnotes, performing technical accounting research, A/R, A/P, general ledger, tax, cash management and risk management.
The candidate is also responsible for contributing towards a SOX compliant system of internal controls and processes that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared on a timely basis in compliance with US GAAP.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Various aspects of G/L accounting including preparation/processing journal entries as well as reconciling accounts.
- Maintenance of accounting Schedules
- Reconciles Bank accounts, prepaids and other Accounts on a timely basis
- Analysis of AR Aging
- Cash Application of Customer payments and Customer Collections
- Communicates with customers regarding balances, questions, and/or discrepancies
- Drive collections on past due accounts
- Accounts Receivable Deposits, if needed
- Vendor setup, as needed
- Receive non-manufacturing purchase orders
- Assist with annual audit
- Expense report auditing
- Expense report entry into AP, if needed
- Assist with accounts payable matching and posting, if needed
- Assist with payment arrangements for tradeshows, events, and meetings, if needed
- Maintain and manage filing system for invoices and correspondence from vendors, if needed
- Company event coordination, if needed
- Other general accounting and finance duties as requested
- Special projects
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments.
Education or Formal Training Required:
- CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Range of 3-5 years (Minimum of 2 years) accounting experience required
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to reconcile key accounts balances
- Ability to perform variance analysis of key accounts and document accordingly
- Ability to prepare journal entries, and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- Assist with the year-end audit, including i) responding to audit inquiries, ii) providing audit documentation, iii) preparing key analysis to support Company’s position
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of SAP preferable.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Ability to analyze and resolve work problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters of financial data.
- Must be able to make objective decisions and use judgment in non-routine situations.
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including customer service, logistics, and FP&A
- Experience working in a medical device/life sciences environment helpful but not required.
- Two recent references required.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Works under supervision
- Able to do extensive computer work and sit for long periods of time while continually maintaining a cheerful phone presence
- Self-reliant; takes initiative; results-oriented, open minded
- Training to be provided
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off
Salary Range: $65,000-$80,000/year