Candidate is responsible for managing collections with the Company’s customers. In addition, the candidate will also apply cash to the appropriate outstanding invoices to ensure the Company’s Accounts Receivable aging is accurate and complete.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and monitor the Company’s A/R aging and contact customers with past due accounts to determine payment dates
- Maintain history of all collection follow up activity
- Partner with sales team and Company’s distributors to assist with past due accounts
- Communicate and recommend to executive management team when a customer’s credit should be put on hold
- Prepare cash receipts forecast
- Compilation, analysis, and dissemination of A/R aging dashboard
- Application of cash receipts to outstanding invoices; investigate and resolve cash application questions with customers
- Maintenance of customer contact information
- Special projects as requested
The above description outlines the most common job duties; however, it does not exclude other potential work assignments.
Education or Formal Training Required:
- Associate degree preferred
- Range of 3-5 years (Minimum of 2 years) of cash collection and / or cash application experience required
Qualifications Required: (knowledge, skills, abilities, initiative, judgment, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to concisely document and track customer interactions
- Ability to prepare journal entries, and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- Assist with the year-end audit, including i) responding to audit inquiries, and, ii) providing audit documentation
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of SAP preferable.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Ability to analyze and resolve work problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters of financial data.
- Must be able to make objective decisions and use judgment in non-routine situations.
- Experience working in a medical device/life sciences environment helpful but not required.
- Two recent references required.
Work Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Works under supervision
- Able to do extensive computer work and sit for long periods of time while continually maintaining a cheerful phone presence
- Self-reliant; takes initiative; results-oriented, open minded
- Training to be provided
Benefits/Compensation (including but not limited to)
Medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, 401k matching, long term disability, potential target bonus, paid time off
Salary Range: $50,000-$72,500/year